The consultant will spend his/her time having workshops with customers, analysing customer requirements, modelling business processes, writing functional designs, writing technical designs, developing, testing software components and documenting them. He/she will also be responsible for delivering tasks related to client delivery of Dynamics 365 Business Central and customisations, report writing, data migration and integrations. He/she is also responsible for mentoring colleagues of lower seniority and provide the sales team with the necessary knowledge to drive business which includes but is not limited to, preparing fact-sheets, preparing slide-decks and giving presentations to customers about a specific business knowledge area. He/she must make sure that adherence to best practices, methodologies and source code control tools are used correctly in the assigned tasks.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Capture, assess, and define the client’s business requirements and create strategies to meet those objectives using practical Dynamics 365 business solutions and industry best practices.
- Document and review all business processes, Gap/Fit Analysis findings, functional design documents, testing scripts, training documents and progress updates throughout the implementation lifecycle.
- Design and re-engineer business processes using best practices and standard Dynamics 365 business procedures.
- Actively organise and facilitate workshops, in-house seminars, webinars, and knowledge transfers with clients and Business Consulting Team members.
- Provide functionality demonstrations and training to new clients, end-users, and senior-level executives, as needed.
- Assist in go-live procedures and post go-live support.
- Customise Dynamics 365 Business Central using Visual Studio and other related technologies.
- Create interfaces between Dynamics 365 and other external applications.
- Perform data migrations to and from Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Deliver outputs on time and with a very high level of quality following Microsoft best practices.
- Unit test and document deliverables.
- Release components to test using the appropriate source control tools
Skills, qualifications & experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in ICT or equivalent or a related functional sector such as Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Logistics etc.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Basic functional knowledge in business operations
- Familiar with cloud technologies such as MS Azure, Flow and PowerApps
- Functional and analytical skills
- In-depth knowledge of the .NET framework
- Experienced in developing object-oriented code using Visual Studio
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server and experience in writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of main-stream version control systems such as TFS
- Ability to organise, prioritise and respond to multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work with interruptions as problems arise needing immediate attention
- Ability and skill in interpersonal communication
- Ability to maintain up to date knowledge on technology trends and to recommend innovative technologies to improve the technology infrastructure. Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects
- Ability to plan, organise and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high-level accuracy
- Ability to work independently and with a team with minimal supervision
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- Flexible working conditions
- An attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and work experience
- A variety of extras over and above the remuneration package which includes Health Insurance, Life Insurance & Travel Insurance